Singing on the inside.

I feel like it has been forever since I have belted out a great tune.  I have this great desire inside of me to just sing and get the song out, but for the last 4 weeks I have been plagued with laryngitis and a terrible cough that has been trying to get the best of me.  I keep trying to sing in my car on my way to work or to a store, because when the tough times come it has always been my MO to sing.  I know that no one can hear it but you...but I keep singing on the inside.

When I was a little girl I would hear the music in my heart and it would comfort me from the thoughts I was having or even from the times when I wanted to disappear.  I would hear the music when I lost my best friend when I was 12...will you tell Michael I still think about him often.  He was a friend that made me feel so loved.  I hated that you took him from me, but you gave me music to comfort me in that pain as well.

When I was running from You and not wanting to listen, the music stopped in me.  It was the darkest time in my life and a time of sorrow even looking back, but even then you let me try and write the song myself.

Now that I have learned to let the music inside of my heart be the song You want me to sing and what You want me to write...it has made life so much easier.  I still can't help wanting to sing even when my voice is gone and you are asking me to rest and just be quiet.

Help me be ok with that too...

YOU LIVE AND LEARN WHAT LOVE IS, NO BETTER PLACE TO FIND IT, THEN WHEN I TAKE A LOOK INSIDE MY BABIES EYES...FINALLY GET TO SEE, HOW YOU SEE ME
YOU WANT THE BEST FOR MY LIFE.  WANT ME TO SUCCEED, BUT DEEP INSIDE I KNOW YOU WANT THE BEST FOR ME, BUT GOD YOU LET ME CHOOSE, SO WIN OR LOOSE...
I'M SAYING
THANK YOU...YOU ALWAYS KNOW JUST WHAT I NEED...THANK YOU
 (LYRICS TO THANK YOU WRITTEN BY ME)

Comments

Popular Posts