Hope

Hope is such a great word.  Within it lies all the emotions of something that can be... it is truly faith in action when we hope.  When one has lost hope, despair seems to settle in like a dark cloud that will hoover and stay much longer than it needs to be there.   Have you ever met a hopeless person?  They are without direction and can see no light at the end of the tunnel. 

I appreciate the word Hope.
I grab ahold of it in the night when fear creeps in and tries to steal away from me the joy that I know tomorrow can bring.
I have to tell myself that all days won't be like the day before(if I had a bad day).

Do you struggle to hope?

I think of the words of King David in Psalm 27:13-14
I WOULD HAVE DESPAIRED UNLESS I HAD BELIEVED THAT I WOULD SEE THE GOODNESS OF THE LORD IN THE LAND OF THE LIVING.
WAIT FOR THE LORD;
BE STRONG,
LET YOUR HEART TAKE COURAGE;
YES WAIT FOR THE LORD.

I have often found myself without hope in times when I have allowed myself to believe a little lie that has popped into my head and taken residence there without warning.
If I take the time every day to plant truth into my mind (God's word is truth) and to let it make it's way deep into the knowing part of my heart, then and only then will I be stable and able to hope in those times of extreme fear and doubt.

Are you hopeless today?

Faith is being sure of what you hope for and convicted about what you do not see... Heb 11:1
Maybe you need a little faith to stir up that hope.
Don't feel like you are all alone. Some of the most powerful men and women of God I know have dealt with feeling hopeless, depressed, down and even beaten.  The difference is they don't stay there forever.  They grab onto the word that has been implanted deep inside their minds and hearts and start believing God's word to help them get out of that mindset.

I hope today...you read... with hope...that there is light at the end of that dark tunnel of despair.  Turn the light of your heart on today and sit still in the presence of God and hear Him whisper over you that He loves you and that you matter and are valuable and precious to him.  Love this song today...  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2nBOGA6X2g

Comments

Popular Posts