Dear God, YOU rescued me...

Dear God,
It's been a very long and painful road...😏the road of music that is.
I can remember being a little girl and wondering how it was that I could hear music inside of me. As I grew up and took all that music for granted, you still would give me songs over the years and I was still running. As a young women, when the music stopped, I remember the darkness that settled over me and I thought it would never lift. When I was happy to do it in my late 20's began the worst and most painful part of it all...I remember when I had a pastor accuse me of not being a Christian and that i was wanting to be a performer on stage. Nothing could be further from the truth, and I almost let that be the end of the music.

I remember thinking, "music should not be these difficult when it comes so naturally."

I remember the day I lost my voice and I thought it would never work again.. You taught me how to listen and write from a place of silence.

I remember the day I was hit by a car a few days before out women's prayer event in NYC... Meant to stop me in the years to follow and fill me with fear.

Today, as I still find music inside of me and songs you have for me to share, I am thankful for the Spirit of things broken and healed that burned deep inside of me and is the inspiration behind the music You give me to write.

My only prayer is that it touches a place inside of someone that they never thought would live again.

As I write, in the early morning hours I take refuge in this thought...sometimes people around us attack us for the very opposite of what we are doing and try and tell us that they are getting a word from you. Teach me to go to Your word always and see if you are speaking those things into my life and then accept or reject them based on Your truth.
Above all else I want to love...
And be kind, and thoughtful...it is ever present in my mind as I am teaching, instructing, singing, sharing, talking. I know I make mistakes but YOU, at this stage of the game, show me how to quickly turn it around.

You put a new song in my heart daily.

Thank You for not giving up on me, when I was at my worst... You rescued me.


Thank you for the music.

Comments

Popular Posts