Courage

Dear God,
Give me courage when I am afraid and feel unwilling at times to do the things that you have asked me to do.  
I am getting so much better at pushing through the fear and past what I feel to see the bigger picture.


Thank you that in times of distress you are the rock solid ground firmly under my feet holding me exactly where you want me to be.



As I prepare to leave for the week long trip to share song and words you have put on my heart for the inmates, I ask only one thing...don't let me go without your presence, power and peace in my life.


When I think of the words of Psalm 18:2  THE LORD IS MY ROCK AND MY FORTRESS AND MY DELIVERER, MY GOD, MY ROCK, IN WHOM I TAKE REFUGE; MY SHIELD AND THE HORN OF MY SALVATION, MY STRONGHOLD.


I don't think it strange to remind myself over and over that you are my rock...my rock..my stronghold.


I often find myself thinking strange thoughts right before i sing and speak to people about how unskilled or unsuited for the job I am, but then you remind me...WHEN I AM WEAK YOU ARE STRONG.


Everything that I lack.  I know You have more than enough of.  So, today...I ask for more.  More More and more of your Holy Spirit to fill and empower me.  In Jesus Name.

Comments

Popular Posts