Remind me.

Remind me today of when you healed me.  You somehow stop me in my tracks and make me sit in the quiet of the morning, remembering.

I remember the pain like it was yesterday.  The struggle to think clearly was beyond description.  Constant pain and suffering begins to make you want to live less.  Little by little I was loosing the desire
to live.

I held on.

I was loved by family... it sustained me.
I was in denial about the bigness of my problem and my inability to gain control of the situation.

Healing for me, began the moment that I started thinking differently.

God, when the road is long, when the light is dim, when my faith is shaking and I am barely breathing.  God, when I am tired, when I am out of options and phone calls, and Dr's that know what to do.  God... I don't know why you chose to heal me, but on this day, and many others, I will never forget the kindness you showed me.

I was truly touched by the hand of God and healed of my Trigeminal Neuralgia.  I say thank you.

I smile because I am reminded of the bad times and so appreciate these good days.

Do I feel special?  Yes, sometimes when I am all alone and that sunrise is so amazing and I am watching the starts twinkle in the sky as they disappear in the sunlight of the morning.  I am special.  I am special because you love and chose me as your child.  I am one of your vast and giant, very special family.  I love that you love me.   I don't feel embarrassed at all to tell this story over and over and over again.  I would not want to take away one tear shed on my 5 year journey to healing.

I treasure each long and hardship filled night.   I know that it made me more open and willing to believe with others for healing in their own lives.  I know you do wonders.  I have experienced them.

I am left in awe.
I am so small...
You are so wonderful.

Thank you, from lips that will never cease to sing about the way you sing me back to life.
Here is the song I wrote 2 weeks before God healed me.

https://vimeo.com/20195278

Comments

Popular Posts