Why?

Why is it that I am sitting here asking why?
Is there really an answer that would be good enough to make me think it was all worth it?
I am watching people I love being tormented and hurt by unkindness, bitterness and a type of evil that comes straight from hell.
I am standing still...
I am sitting and crying...
I am watching...
I am waiting.
I am asking why... and I feel like it is ok.

You allow me this great moment in my life.  A time to sit and reflect.  A time to watch you step in and rescue.   I am seeing things from a different perspective but the why remains.

Why?
Is there any answer that would make me stop and think it all worth it?
Probably not...
so I guess that is why I feel I get no answer.

Accepting this great gap of uncertainty, I spring forward into my day.  I understand you see it all and for some reason, that is enough...today... now.  I can only live day by day.  I do not look behind me, because what is past is unchangeable.  I do not look ahead, because the future often seems uncertain, but I look to the here and now.  I know this daily, you will give me the daily bread.  So I eat it.  I understand you better.  I hear you speak more clearly in the times I hold on with my fingertips.

Why?
I can't answer that one either?

Comments

Popular Posts