A time to Remember the healing hand of God

Dear God...

I think back to those years of pain and tremendous darkness that had settled over me and began to steal from me my joy, my memories, and even my fighting spirit.  I think back to begging you for healing over and over and over again and I kept getting a no.  It seemed like such a long road and during that time you prepared my heart for endurance even in the darkest of nights.  The years I spent reading your words and them taking deep root in my mind would eventually save me years ahead when another dark time came.

I only think of this.  YOU ARE WHO YOU SAY YOU ARE.  You have been faithful all along the way. Even when my faith had so little hope attached to it, but it was a mustard seed of faith, and that was enough.

Today marks the 8 year anniversary of the day you touched my face with your hand.  I can remember exactly where I was.  I can remember every single word spoken to me that night.  I can remember falling asleep and sleeping all night long for the first time in 5 long years of pain.

I remember... because you just have to.
I remember... because I want to.
I remember... because it causes my heart to heal even still.

Over and over, in ways that are far too good for me, you sing me back to life.

I ask for a new song.
For something great to take birth in the deepest part of my soul even now as I am writing this thank you to you.

I ask for more... of whatever it was that you gave me way back then.

I love that you let me ask over and over and over and not feel guilty for wanting the things that you so deeply plant inside of me.  Help me to tune my heart to sing your praises.

I see now that the 5 years was what I needed.  This past dark time only lasted a year...coming alive was so much easier when I chose to let my mind think about all the true, honest and lovely things you have done and focus on who you are.

Thank you.
Thank you
Thank you...

Today my heart is just thankful.  OCT 6 2006, you are a day I will never ever forget.
Song below is a song I wrote called Faithful.  It just seems fitting for the day.

https://soundcloud.com/anastasiapothoven/02-faithful



Comments

Unknown said…
I still love that album!
Lisa Hughes said…
Beautifully said:)

Popular Posts