Someone you are proud of

Dear God,
Are you proud of me?  As a parent I am often so very proud of my kids.  I think of how they work so hard in school and help out around the house.  I see them trying to be the best they can be.  I watch them mess up and fail, and see how they handle that too...and it leaves me thinking..."Are you proud of me, as your child"?

I want to be the kind of daughter that is quick to forgive, that does not hold a grudge.  I want to be known for what I give rather then what I am trying to get all the time.  I want to look back on my life...when I get to the end of it, and hear you say WELL DONE.  Am I going to mess up at times?   I think so, but I am hoping and praying that there will be less and less of that as the years go on.

Thank YOU for remembering me when I needed healing.  Thank YOU for looking at me with those fathers eyes of love.  Thank YOU that as a father, YOU know I will need You the most when I am hurting, and YOU allow those times to mold me.  I love that about You.  I just want to know, are you proud of me?

Comments

Anonymous said…
This is very beautiful. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I can tell you really love the Lord.

Popular Posts