Dear God...how did she grow up this fast?

I find myself sitting here on the eve of my oldest and only daughters birthday.  She was born in NYC on Oct 4th 2004.  I was sitting there screaming in pain with my Aunt Danielle and my mother holding my hand. 
I had no idea that the years would pass by in a blink of an eye and I would be wishing for more of yesterday.

I remember when she was a little girl and would spend hours walking and talking to me about nothing and everything...these days I am lucky to get a hello in the morning.

I remember the many many games we played together and the fun filled days at the zoo...I would give anything for more of that.

I also remember teaching her just about everything she knows.  I love how she thinks she taught herself it all.

I hope I have been the kind of mother that she wanted.  I know I have made a million mistakes, but it seems somehow it all works itself out in the the end. 

Thank you for the treasure that is my daughter.  I love her more than I can even put into words.  I have so many hopes and dreams for her, but my one prayer has always been that she would grow to love You with all her heart, soul, mind and strength. 

Thank you for these past 16 years...I have loved every single day, every hour, every minute...except those first 36 hours of labour...LOL 
As we enter the next phase of life and as the years of her life start to turn the pages on their own, I am trusting You to complete everything You have started in her.  She has and always will be Your child first.




Dear God, please take care of my baby Alexa, and give her the best birthday ever tomorrow.

Comments

Popular Posts