How you make things new?

Dear God,

I don't know how you do it, and I don't even know if I am supposed to know how You do it?  You somehow make things new!

I get it...it is because You are God and I am just me, but the feeling of awe just never seems to go away when I see a drug addict freed from the bondage, or a young woman who was sold into sex slavery get out and have her life restored.  When I see women who were cheated on by their husbands and left all alone...go on and function in their lives and give you the glory.  When I see stage four cancer patients still living after years and years of people telling them they have months to live.

You do the impossible, so often, all around us.  We are not aware of how wonderful you are, and still when we take the time to focus on the ways You make us new, we see just how amazing You really are.

When I see the sunrise and light break through the clouds after a long dark night...I am amazed.
When I hear my kids giggling and laughing about the most mundane thing...I am amazed and thankful
When I am lost for words...cannot speak, and even without a voice.  You always seem to amaze me and somehow bring me comfort and hope to believe that one day You will make all things new!

Comments

Popular Posts